Cornflakes is a versatile cereal and a lot can be made with it. The cornflakes texture lends itself to both savoury and sweet dishes. Cornflakes usually we have with our milk and some nuts or fruits but this time we shall make a cornflake biscuit. This is a yummy dish which the family will love. It’s easy to make as well.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 mins
- 125 grams butter softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup green grapes or raisins
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups cornflakes
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and place baking paper on 2 trays
- Place 2 cups of the cornflakes into a large bowl and it will be used later.
- Place the softened butter and caster sugar into the bowl with an electric mixer and mix on a high speed for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix on a low speed to combine.
- Add the baking soda and self raising flour and mix on a low speed until it combines.
- Add 1 cup of cornflakes, grapes and chocolate chips and stir through to combine.
- Use a dessert spoon to scoop up the mixture and roll into a ball. Place the mixture into the bowl with the extra cornflakes and roll to cover.
- Place the biscuits onto your baking trays and gently flatten with the palm of your hand. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Place the baking trays into your preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow the Cornflake biscuits to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes
- Ready to eat !