Comparative Product Testing Methodology
Consumer VOICE is the only organization in India, undertaking independent and unbiased Comparative Product Testing since 1991. It all began in 1986 when the Indian Government sent its engineers to Stiftung Warentest in Berlin under Indo German Technical Co-operation Program. After getting technical advice from Stiftung Warentest, the Government appointed the Sathi Nair Committee in 1989 to examine VOICE’s proposal for pilot Comparative Testing Project on colour TVs. The proposal was finally accepted in 1991 and Consumer VOICE began testing of 12 brands of 20 inches colour TVs. Since then Consumer VOICE has tested 245 food products and consumer durables of 1000s of brands. We have extended our testing programmes to finance and banking services as well.
CONSUMER VOICE AIMS TO
- Provide Consumers with unbiased information to take rationale decisions and get good value for money
- Raise the standard of products in India since public awareness obligates the manufacturers to improve the quality of their products.
- Campaign to persuade Government to introduce better policies which protect the rights of consumers.
- Decode the Labels and verify the manufacturer claims as per the National Standards
- Draw public attention to unsafe goods and unfair trade practices.
- Communicate to government, regulatory and standard authorities the test-results for appropriate action against malpractices (if any).
- Educate consumers about the types of products that will most likely to suit their needs.
Comparative Product Testing at VOICE is a stringent 6 Stage process
Preparation for Testing
Sample Selection and Preparation
Testing and Monitoring
Results and Reviews
Test Reports Dissemination
Why Subscribe to Consumer VOICE Magazine?
- The only voluntary organization in India that brings you independent and unbiased comparative product test reports since 1997
- Get to know the top brands of products tested
- Access to various buying guides, investigations and product surveys
- Free legal counseling for all subscribers
- To read the latest magazine, please click here
- For Subscription Plans, please click here